Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt Whisky
Monkey Shoulder Scotch is a blended malt whisky made with single malts from three renowned Speyside distilleries. A thick, creamy, supple, and malty Scotch.
*Monkey Shoulder High Ball Glasses Available WHILE STOCKS LAST.
Country Of Origin
Monkey Shoulder Scotch is a splendid blended malt whisky by William Grant, one of the three largest whisky producers worldwide. Made with single malts from three renowned Speyside distilleries; Glenfiddich, Kininvie and Balvenie. A thick, creamy, supple, and malty Scotch that's great straight up, over ice, or in whisky cocktails (where it really stands out).
Zesty orange meets mellow vanilla, honey and spiced oak.
Mellow vanilla with spicy hints.
Super smooth & creamy.
- Blended Malts International Spirits Challenge 2020 (Gold)
- International Wine & Spirit Competition, Scotch Whisky Blended Malt Category 2019 (Silver)
- International Wine & Spirit Competition, Scotch Whisky Blended Malt Category 2017 (Gold)
- International Wine & Spirit Competition, Scotch Whisky Blended Malt Category 2014 (Gold)
- The Scotch Whisky Masters, Blended Malt: Premium 2015 (Gold)
- The Scotch Whisky Masters, Speyside No Age Statement 2014 (Gold)
- The Scotch Whisky Masters, Speyside Blended Malts 2013 (Silver)
Why is Monkey Shoulder called Monkey Shoulder?
In early years, malted barley was turned by hand by malt men using big, heavy malt shovels in the traditional malt whisky making method. Some of the malt men would get a strain injury that caused their arm to hang down like a monkey's, earning them the nickname "monkey shoulder." Thankfully, the condition is no longer there, but the whisky heritage is still honored.